Thursday, June 1, 2023

Week 1 Combined

    So Sunday is chicken night, my daughter was scheduled to start us off. We scheduled a new recipe titled OMG chicken. We had a shaky start, my daughter announced she was going to order pizza and asked if I wanted anything. I reminded her that I had pulled chicken out of the freezer. So she made the OMG Chicken. It really was pretty OMG. Four simple ingredients that we already had on hand - which is why we started with it. Unfortunately, the grandwarrior didn't get any leftovers for lunch the next day, it was a big hit.

    Tuesday is beef day. I started making sloppy joes in the crockpot at the butt crack of dawn hoping it would be ready for lunch that day. The grandwarrior was picked up early of course and had some for lunch the following day. For once she wasn't thrilled to just steal bites from my plate and there was no way we're crazy enough to hand the child a sloppy joe to throw if/when it is decided that it isn't wanted.

    Thursday is recipe surprise. It was supposed to be baked Ziti. My daughter's turn and she forgot to ensure that we had the ingredients. Somehow we didn't have a meal planned for the 8th and had decided to schedule Tuna Helper that my daughter had thought looked interesting and bought on her last shopping trip. So we had that tonight and will have the baked ziti on the 8th instead. She was napping, so I made the Tuna Helper at 7pm. Wonder if I'm still on the hook for chicken Sunday. Probably. The Tuna Helper was just as disgusting as I expected. Not a fan of tuna.

No comments: