Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Hamburger Gravy Night!



    This is what my daughter proclaimed yesterday lol. It's hamburger gravy night! Hamburger gravy has been a family favorite since I was a kid. It's considered comfort food in my family. I don't know why we don't have it more, it's so simple and easy to make. I mostly added it to Recipe Keeper so that it would pop up in the menu planner. Mom was what she called a dash and splash cook. Dash of this and a splash of that. Makes writing down family recipes a bit hard, especially when the directions are pretty much "add a can of gravy. If it's not the right consistency add another can". I did make a note of how much gravy I used last night and updated the recipe this morning. It prolly still leaves a lot to be desired, but it really is as simple as it sounds. You can add onions or mushrooms, of course. My brother doesn't eat either and I usually invite him for dinner when I make it so refrain from adding them.
 

No comments: