Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Microwave Chicken Enchiladas

 

    I kind of dropped the ball on this one. D wasn't up yet so I'd decided I would start dinner at 6pm whether she was up or not. About 5 to six, she got up and decided to order from Arby's. That sounded like a really good plan, I haven't had Arby's in forever. I figured since this recipe was microwaved I would assemble it Sunday night and nuke it for lunch with the grandwarrior. I had mistakenly bought the wrong size enchilada sauce. SIL works nights and he often picks up ingredients that we need and brings it home with him. 

    The grandwarrior had already left by the time he came home and I was kind of waiting to blog until after she tried it. It is nice to have an archive of the foods she liked since my memory isn't what it used to be. Ended up not babysitting today and I'm throwing tonight's Swedish meatball ingredients in the crock pot as soon as they get here so I guess no Enchiladas for the grandwarrior. I don't think they would freeze very well. A shame really, spicy chips are eaten almost as quickly as breakfast sausage and yet actual Mexican recipes are hit and miss.

    The enchiladas turned out excellent. I substituted the deli chicken with the leftovers from the whole chicken we had earlier this month. We often freeze the extras for when we have a recipe that calls for shredded chicken or has you simply boil chicken breasts to shred for a recipe. 

No comments: