Saturday, March 12, 2011

To Drink, or not to Drink

After my brother got home from work, he suggested a trip to the bar. After a day of moving furniture, I was already yawning and thinking of bed. However ... and isn't there always a however, or a but ... a couple of hours in the heat sure sounded like a plan. My brother was coming down with the sniffles and sneezes, and we were both yawning as we traipsed the half mile, or so, to the bar. I commented on what party animals we had become in our old age. He laughed and replied, "Atleast we still try." I know I've said it before, but I guess it bears repeating .. going to the bar always sounds like a good idea, then I get there and can't believe that used to be my life. Of course back then I went often, and knew everyone. Now it's a different bar and I don't know anyone. I used to be the youngest in the crowd, under the legal age at first, and now I was one of the oldest. The music was electronic crap, that was ... OMG am I about to say this? ... too loud. Of course if it was decent music it probably would have been just fine. But you couldn't hold a conversation, and it wasn't good for dancing. We left after a little over an hour and trekked back home. Granted, I had managed to suck down two beers, but I was ready to leave and am fine with just having those two. I pause to read today's thought/prayer for the day, which I admit I hadn't done yet. Today's preayer: "I pray that I may love the simple things of life. I pray that I keep my life uncomplicated and free." It doesn't get much more uncomplicated than what I have now ... provided I stay outta my head.

No comments: