Monday, March 7, 2011

Flesh

I woke up with these lyrics in my head, "Flesh ... the only thing that's worth the sweat." Hardly any great epiphany for the day here. Spring is coming, not as quickly as I would like to hope, but it is on it's way. Every year I get my own version of spring fever. Christmas and spring are the only times of the year that I get meloncholy or wishing that I had someone in my life.

Spring usually finds me crushing on the bachelor down the street like a lovesick schoolgirl. After 4-5 years of this, it is probably safe to conclude that the dude is not interested. "If you always do what you did, you'll always get what you got. Uh, could that be nothing?" A different song, but still apt, and also a phrase that I've heard around the tables. So I guess this year, I'll just crush on Steven Tyler hehe. Will the results be any different? Ha! Dream on. But there won't be the disappointment since there is no real hope or expectation.

Where does one go to meet people if not the bar? I'd tried dating in the program. "behind every skirt is a slip." I got tired of being blamed for someone else's slip. Usually the relationship failed because they weren't working an honest program. Yet it was MY fault when they went back out. Yeah ok, Whatever.

When I went to the gas station for my dailt indulgence of a cup of coffee, I heard a song on the radio that I have not heard in ages. "I'll be there for you. These five words I swear to you." Makes me wonder if he IS still there for whomever the song was written/sung for.

No comments: