Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ain't that a Bitch

This morning I woke up singing, "Freak out! I'm alone now. I think I may be losing my mind." Well duh. I've been alone going on five years now. No great epiphany there. Some would argue that I lost my mind years ago.

I finished the dream that I had started the other night. Atleast I think it is finished. As the judges walked to their desk on stage, he broke out into song, "i'm in love ... yeah, I don't know if I can face the night". Jennifer Lopez laughed and commented that he must have finally proposed to Erin. He said nooo, they had broken up, but he was thinking that he should propose. Jennifer and Randy urged him to do so, live on air. He whips out his phone and dials. Without wanting to tear my eyes from the screen that I am riveted to, I answer my phone without checking the caller ID. I almost drop it when I realize it is him. He asks if I am watching Idol and I choke out an affirmative reply. On screen, he reaches into his jacket pocket, pulls out a ring box, and turns it to the camera. There is a modest rock inside. Jennifer teases him that it is kinda puny. He replies, "She would be embarrased to wear anything larger." I gasp and ask how he could know that.

He replied, "I don't think we had holes in our souls after all. I think we share a soul and have been looking for the other half. I've found mine. Marry me girl." After a brief hesitation while I tried to get my mind around the surreal events taking place, I agreed and said that we both needed to be committed. He replied, "It takes a little bit of being crazy to make a difference in the world."

That's pretty much the end of the dream as I can recall. Still haven't gotten to jump him. I guess I'm not that kind of girl, even in my dreams. I do recall another snippet of dream where we went to Keith's tattoo shop and got matching tatts. The temporary tatt he usually wheres on his right arm but with my initials also incorporated into the design as well. This is a really weird twist in my dream as I've always felt strongly against the "marring" of my body with tatts.

"You may be right, I may be crazy." Billy Joel song, not Aerosmith for once, and it definately fits my frame of mind lately.

No comments: